CERTIFICATE COURSE IN FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE(CCFB)
(Recognised by State Board of Technical Education and Training)
1. DURATION OF THE COURSE:
- 6 months + 6 months Industrial Exposure Training.
2. MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION:
- The medium of instructions and examination shall be in English.
3. PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION:
- Admissions are made on the basis of the marks secured in SSC or 10th class
4. NUMBER OF WORKING DAYS:
- The working days shall be from Monday to Friday.
5. ELIGIBILITY OF ATTENDANCE TO APPEAR FOR THE END EXAMINATION:
- A candidate shall be permitted to appear for the end examination if he / she has 75% of attendance.
6. SCHEME OF EXAMINATION: Theory Examination:
- Each subject carries 80 marks for final examination and as marks for sessional.
- Practical Examination:Each subject carries 60 marks for the final examination and 40 marks for sessional.
7. INTERNAL ASSESSMENT SCHEME: Practical:
- Continuous assessment of studentâ€™s performance in labs and performances in pre-final examination are used as basis for awarding sessional marks in practicals.
8. INDUSTRIAL TRAINING:
- a) The candidate has to undergo 6 months Industrial Training for Craft Course in Food Production.
- b) Certificate shall be issued to students on submission of log books and training certificate from the hotel after the completion of Industrial Training.
- c) Student should be prepared to attend Industrial Training anywhere in India.
9. MINIMUM PASS MARKS:
- Theory Examination : 35% in final examination.
- Practical Examination : 50% in final examination.
10. CLASSIFICATION OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES:
- Successful candidates shall be awarded under the following division of pass.
- a) 1st class with distinction shall be awarded to candidates who secure an overall aggregate of 75% and above.
- b) 1st class shall be awarded to candidates who secure an overall aggregate of 60% marks and above and below 75%
- c) 2nd class shall be awarded to candidates who secure a pass with an overall aggregate of below 60%.
11. EXAMINATION FEE SCHEDULE:
- The examination fee should be as per the notification issued by the SBTET.
12. BOARD RECOGNITION FEE:
- To be paid separately as per notification.
13. MAXIMUM PERIOD FOR COMPLETION CERTIFICATE COURSES:
- Maximum period for completion of the course is twice the duration of the course from the date of First admission (includes the period of detention and discontinuation of studies by students etc).
Scheme of Instruction and Examination
|SUBJECT CODE NO.||NAME OF THE SUBJECT||EXAMINATION DURATION||SESSIONAL MARKS||END EXAM MARKS||TOTAL MARKS|
|FBS 01||Food Service||3 HRS||–||100||100|
|FBS 02||Beverage Service Operations|
|FBS 03||Communicative English||6 HRS||40||60||100|
|FP 04||Food Service||6 HRS||40||60||100|
|FP 05||Beverage Service||3 HRS||40||60||100|
|FP 06||Industrial Training||–||100||–||100|
|Black Pant /White Shirt / Full Tie||Black Pant /White Shirt / Full Tie|
|B&W checked Pant / Apron / Scarf / Chef cap /||Double Breasted – White Chef Coat|
|Black Shoe / Black Socks / Kitchen Kit.||B&W checked Pant, Apron / Scarf / Chef cap /|
|Black Shoe / Black Socks / Kitchen Kit.|
Student will be required to purchase uniforms and other material as per requirement.
Shoes and socks need to be purchased separately by the student.
|Soft skill development / spoken English / personality Development / extra curricular activities & miscellaneous charges||10,000|